Monday, September 7, 2015

Welcome

     Welcome! I'm sure most of you who are reading this post right now were followers of my previous blog, The Story Girl. That blog will be made private in a few weeks and I won't be posting on it anymore, but if you'd still like access to it for your own reference, tell me in the comments along with your email address and I'll let you in. :) I'm pretty happy with the way this blog looks now, but I still might experiment a little bit, so bear with me if things suddenly look strange around here or html gibberish escapes.

     So....why "A Singular and Whimsical Problem?" What is the singular and whimsical problem? Well, right now it's finding the time to balance school and writing. But mostly the title is just because I wanted to use a quote from something...especially if that something was Sherlock Holmes related...and also because I like the word "whimsical."

     So really my reasons are far more about words that sound neat rather than any deep philosophical meaning. I apologize if this ruins your opinion of me. ;)

     Anyway, feel free to stick around, as more posts will be coming-- perhaps not as frequently as I've done in the past, but they will be there, I promise.

EDIT: I've temporary put on the comments moderation, so you don't have to worry about anyone else seeing your email address; I won't publish them. :)

17 comments:

Katie Grace said...

Hurray! I love the header. So much love. <3

Kelsey Carnes said...

Could I have private access to your blog please? There are certain posts I'd not like to lose. :)

Naomi Bennet said...

I'd love to have access to your previous blog, but I'd rather not comment my email-adress. :-/

I love the new blog already! Love the title - very Anne Shirley-approved. :-)

~ Naomi

Anna P said...

I've been lurking around on your old blog for awhile, and I'm excited about your new blog! The design is absolutely gorgeous! (And BTW, I'm not Anna, I'm just using her account)

~Savannah P.

Alyssa Dickerson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phoebe said...

I was wondering something. I'm new to blogging, would you tell me what that little gadget is called at the top left corner that says "Blog Elements by Plumrose Lane"? Thank you. :) Your new blog is lovely. :)

Hayden said...

Phoebe: It's actually just a label signifying the origin of the blog background that I got here: http://www.plumroselane.com/

thanks! :)

Livia Rachelle said...

I would like to have access to the other blog for reference but do not want to publish my email address either.

Unknown said...

LOVE the title. I have this problem, too. *rolls eyes* You really just have to MAKE time. Like, I nanny twice a week, and I don't have internet there, so I tell myself that if I can get my school done in the morning, I can write later. Of course, your situation is different (as is everyone's), so you know better than anyone what you can and can't do. Anywhozal. Looking forward to reading your posts!

-Ashley-
www.inklingspress.wordpress.com

Heidi said...

So excited to see what's in store! ;) And I LOVE the birdies and flowers down the side of your background.... And thank you so much for going ahead and generously offering access to your old one! I'll leave my email in a second comment and then could you delete it after you've saved it? :)

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christine Smith said...

This blog design is absolutely gorgeous. I'm seriously drooling over here. I look forward to all your lovely posts!

Hayden said...

I've put on the comments moderation, so if you want you can leave your email address and I won't publish it :)

Hamlette said...

A Sherlock Holmes-inspired title -- what could be better? I dig it!

Claire said...

Hi Hayden! I'd like to have access to Story Girl, too - valentinebd99@yahoo.com

Thank you so much, and I LOVE your new blog design + title! :)

Claire

Zoë said...

Hayden,
I've highly enjoyed perusing your posts on The Story Girl, so I'm looking forward to the continuation of your writings here! :]
If you don't mind, I'd like to still be able to view your former blog - there are so many neat writings on there, many of which I've not yet read. My email address is zoequinn95(at)gmail(dot)com.
A lovely day to thee!
~Zoë

Susannah! said...

Hi Hayden! I love reading blogs, but I don't do it very often (not near as much as I should ;) One reason why I haven't seen your new blog until now.) But I will be a follower of your new blog! (it looks great, btw!) I had read your Story Girl blog for years, and if it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd like to have access to it :)

Can't wait to see all your future posts on this blog! It seems we have several things in common! (i.e. Writing, movies, classic movies, period dramas, etc!) -Sue
101french.breads@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...