Tuesday, December 8, 2015

My December Reading List

     I am very much excited for Christmas break--and I have a ton of books on my to-read list to celebrate the end of the semester. (It's those free kindle classics, guys. I have a problem.) Though school hasn't completely shoved my reading out of the way--the YA section of the campus library has kept me busy, mostly with A Series of Unfortunate Events books and some Neil Gaiman--I do miss the freedom to read whenever I want. (oh, those good old days of freedom!)

Here are some of the books I'm planning on devouring during break:

24934027

Until the Dawn by Elizabeth Camden.
     I just got this one in the mail a few days ago, and I'm considering it my treat for when I finish finals. Elizabeth Camden's books rarely disappoint, so I can't wait to dive into this one.


184592

Father Brown: The Essential Tales by G.K. Chesterton
     I picked this one up at a used book store a few months ago, but it has laid unread on my bookshelf for far too long. I haven't read any Father Brown mysteries (although I've seen a few of the television episodes) but I have rather high expectations, which, quite honestly, is never a good thing...


174852


The Man Who Knew Too Much by G.K. Chesterton
    Hey, who says I can't have two Chesterton books on the list? Besides, this one was free on kindle...


25971504

A Singular and Whimsical Problem by Rachel McMillan
     Look, a novella with my blog title! I'm practically obligated to read it. (plus, it's about two Edwardian lady detectives. This is appealing.)


22560144

Awakening by Tracy Higley
     This one is a little iffy, since if I make it to the library this one might get pushed on to the back burner, and it is longer than what I usually like to read on my phone. Still, I enjoy the ancient history flair that Higley brings to her books, so I'm curious to try this one, which takes place in both modern times and the ancient world.

     There are a few other ebook classics by more obscure authors I may tentatively try, but it depends on how busy this Christmas season gets. Have any of you any particular December reading plans?

2 comments:

Lydia S. said...

Those look fun! I love the Father Brown mysteries as well as The Man Who Knew Too Much. I hope you enjoy your books!

Diwakar said...

Hello Hayden. I am blessed to know you and feel honored and privileged to get connected with you because of who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ and you as a christian writer. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and love to get connected with the people of God to be encouraged, strengthen and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 36yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience not only that but you will be able to have a live stories from the slum life which can be your next book on the life in the slums of Mumbai. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. Wishing you a very blessed and joyous Christmas season and a very bright, prosperous and a Christ centered New year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...