Friday, March 4, 2016

Congrats to the Five Magic Spindles Winners!


     I meant to do this post earlier, but I've been so busy with school I'm only getting around to it now. However, I still want to congratulate the winners of the Five Magic Spindles contest! I was especially excited to see Rachel Kovaciny (our very own Hamlette) as well as Grace Mullins, both wonderful writers whose blogs I've been following for quite some time now. Welcome to the Rooglewood Press family! :) Of course, the hard work isn't over yet. Editing can be a straining process (Fellow Enchanted Roses author Jenelle Schmidt wrote a wonderful series of posts elaborating on this, which I recommend checking out) and, not to frighten you all, but there probably will be moments where you may want to cry, pull out your hair, and commit to never writing again (or possibly all three at the same time). But this will pass, and there's nothing quite so amazing as seeing your very own beloved words and characters in print. :)

     And to all who didn't win: keep writing! Many of the now-published authors in these fairy tale collections didn't win on their first try, and the road to publication itself can be a hard, nerve-fraying journey. But the key is to not give up and to keep practicing and perfecting your craft.

For more on the authors and winning stories, head over to Rooglewood Press's site here for more details.

4 comments:

Grace M said...

Thank you, Hayden! I'm nervous about the editing, but, like you said, I'm sure the difficulties will be worth seeing my characters in print. :-D

Hayden said...

:)

Hamlette said...

Thank you, Hayden! It was your winning last year that made me go, "Hey, maybe I could win that one year. I mean, I know Hayden... she's a real person, not a mysterious Author Goddess Being or whatever." Thank you for inspiring me to try! I'm super excited about this, even with the slog of revision looming before me :-)

Hayden said...

Hamlette, I think that is the best comment anyone has ever made on this blog, haha :D i'm so glad you did enter, and I'm really looking forward to reading your story!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...