Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Top Ten (Late) 2016 Releases


This week's topic at The Broke and the Bookish is your "most anticipated releases for the second half of the year." I actually have several books that I'm looking forward to, so here are my top ten:

1. The Spinner and the Slipper by Camryn Lockhart

30301565

I've been looking forward to this book ever since I first heard of it through Rooglewood Press's newsletter. A Rumpelstiltskin/Cinderella mashup? Count me in!

2. Five Magic Spindles by various authors

29410991

Speaking of Rooglewood press....the Sleeping Beauty Collection is coming soon! I really can't wait for this one!

3. The Lady and the Lionheart by Joanne Bischof

27261345

I've not yet read any of Joanne Bischof's novels, but she's been on my to-read list for a very long time, and the circus-y theme of this book is very appealing to me.

4. Heartless by Marissa Meyer

18584855

A new book by Lunar Chronicles author Marissa Meyer, I'm not quite as excited about this one on the list as the others because I've never been a big Alice-in-Wonderland person. However, I'm still interested and will probably check this one out from the library.

5. Ghostly Echos by William Ritter

28110857

This series was a surprise hit for me! They're actually secular YA paranormal books, which are NOT my usual reading material. However, the previous two books were funny, clever, and largely clean, so I'm really excited for this one.

6. A Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay

29492025

I've enjoyed Katherine Reay's other books, so I'm hoping this one will be just as good as Dear Mr. Knightley.

7. The Shattered Vigil by Patrick W. Carr

25390945

I got the first book in this series for Christmas, and while it was little overlong, it was fascinating and intricate. 

8. The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill by Julie Klassen

28561667

I'm a longtime reader of Julie Klassen, and I'm really excited for this one, since this author has never done a series before. I'm curious if it will feel "different" than her other books.

9. The Star Bell by Stephanie Ricker

29755298

This book came out last month (so I suppose it's technically from the first half of this year) but I still haven't read it yet. A Cinder's Tale was one of my favorite stories in the Five Glass Slippers anthology, and I'm so glad that Stephanie Ricker is still writing about the characters!

And...I could only think of nine. probably because most of the books on my to-read list right now aren't "new".... or they aren't coming out until 2017. Still, I would say this is a pretty good list :)

5 comments:

Susan said...

Ha ha -- I love Mulan :) The songs are so addicting. Now I'm going to have the "Let's get down to business" song stuck in my head for the rest of the night. Probably the whole week!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to HEARTLESS, too. I haven't heard of any of the other books you mentioned, but I have heard good things about Julie Klassen. I'll have to give her a go. The cover of THE INNKEEPER OF IVY HILL is sooo pretty.

Happy TTT!

Rachel said...

I'm also looking forward to A Portrait of Emily Price and Five Magic Spindles (although I forgot about that one when I was making my list), and I'm about to read The Star Bell. I hadn't heard of most of the other books on your list, but some of them look intriguing.

IloveHeartlandX said...

Heartless was on my list this week too!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/top-ten-tuesday-61/

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I'm so excited for Ghostly Echoes! Great list!

Check out my TTT.

Rissi said...

Three cheers for Katherine's and Joanne's novels! Cannot wait to read BOTH of these beauties.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...