Monday, July 25, 2016

The Wulver's Playlist

The Frozen Garden by David et Myrtille dpcom.fr, via 500px:
picture from pinterest
     I enjoyed putting together a playlist for For Elise so much that I've decided to post my book playlists on here as a sort of regular thing. I had come up with a few songs for The Wulver's Rose back when I was first writing it, but it was nothing extensive and I've since lost the list. However, here are some songs I thought went pretty well with the story and setting, although as I was putting it together I realized that I could have just told you to listen to the Braveheart soundtrack and be done with it. (I don't care how historically inaccurate the movie is: that music is so good.) But I've also thrown in some traditional Scottish folk songs in here as well as some classical music from the 1700s. Enjoy!

Serenade, Op. 3 No. 5// Franz Joseph Haydn
My Love is Like a Red Red Rose//Rachel Sermanni
Farewell to Lochaber//The Rankin Family
The Elfin Knight//Kate Rusby
Betrayal & Desolation//James Horner
I Loved a Lass//Ewan MacColl
The Legend Spreads//James Horner
For the Love of a Princess//James Horner
Winter//Antonio Vivaldi
The Veil of Time//Bear McCreary
The Parting Glass// Peter Hollens
'Freedom'/The Execution Bannockburn//James Horner

You can listen to all of these on my youtube playlist.

(By the way- it's been a year since Five Enchanted Roses came out! How time does fly! Also, Five Magic Spindles is now available, and you can buy it here.)

1 comment:

Susannah! said...

I can't believe I haven't read The Wulver's Rose yet! I am going to ASAP!!
I literally jumped when I read The Parting Glass by Peter Hollens! He's my favorite singer and the Parting Glass is one of my favorites he sings :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...