Friday, June 16, 2017

In Which I Start a Newsletter

     Hello friends! I'm excited to announce the next stage of my author journey: putting together that all-important newsletter. I'm very new to this, and hope to send out my first edition in the beginning of July. I'm also planning on moving this blog to Wordpress around that time as well (if I can tweak my site to my liking before then!) so there are quite a lot of changes happening around here. (also, what do you guys think about the move to Wordpress? Please vote on the poll conveniently located on this blog's sidebar!)

     I'm really excited about this newsletter, and I'm trying to make its content a bit different than what's on my blog. Not only will there be writing updates, but also giveaways, sneak peeks, and some interesting historical facts and tidbits that I've picked up.

EDIT: So I didn't realize until the subscribing actually started, that whenever someone signs up, they see my home address, and my home address is also included in all newsletters. Obviously this is not acceptable. Apparently, a physical address is required due to anti-spamming laws. Most people who don't have an office use a P.O. Box, but I don't have the time or money for that. Friends who have newsletters, what do you do? Apparently the fines for using a fake address are pretty steep, so I don't want to risk that.

Any advice?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...